Sunday 25 May 2014

Everyday Makeup Routine (Review)

This has been my everyday simple makeup routine for around half a year now, and i hope some of you may find this helpful. I usually wear this look for University and running errands.
Sometimes (if i have time), i might wear a bit more on my eyes and that will be in the 'optional' section at the bottom of this post.


Neutrogena Deep Clean Invigorating Ultra-Foam Cleanser ($13.99 - 177ml) -  I've been using this cleanser for 5 years now and this is probably my 5th bottle i've gone through. It's my HG cleanser and i highly recommend it if you have combination skin. I also admit that i have a fetish for anything that foams, so this was right up my alley!


Benefit The Porefessional Primer ($53 - 22ml) - This primer came in the Primed for Lovin' Christmas gift set which i bought for myself whilst on holidays in Hong Kong in December 2013. I absolutely love how this primer makes my combination face feel silky smooth and would highly recommend it if you're willing to splurge on a high end primer.


Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation #54 ($32 - 30ml) - I've been using this foundation for over a year now and it's absolutely amazing. I used to use the Revlon Colorstay Foundation when i had more acne, but these few years, my skin has behaved well, so one day i decided to try a medium coverage foundation and i've never looked back. This foundation also has a nice fruity scent and the shade 54 (beige) matches my skin tone perfectly. The only cons about this product is the glass bottle (i've nearly dropped it several times), the lack of darker shades and the price tag for a 'drugstore' brand. But don't worry, Priceline should have a 40% off cosmetics sale in a few months!


Missha The Style Under Eye Brightener #2 Beige ($5 - 6ml) - I absolutely need concealer as i have the worst under eye circles ever (and some acne scarring too). I've been on the hunt for a perfect concealer and whilst overseas in Hong Kong, i found this one in a store called Citistore which had a Missha stand. It claims to brighten your under eye circles and that's exactly what it did! This concealer/brightener has light coverage and doesn't completely cover acne spots. Being a Korean brand, it is only available in-store in Asia, but i've seen some ebay sellers that sell these products.


Australis Fresh & Flawless Pressed Powder #Deep Natural ($11.40 - 12g) - I've been using this powder for over 5 years and i have to admit, this is hands down the best pressed powder i've ever used. Some people have mentioned that this is an exact dupe of the MAC Studio Fix Powder, but i've never tried it purely because of the price difference. This is probably the 5th powder i've gone through and i'll continue using this forever! They recently changed the packaging of this product (now it's in a clear/red compact), but i've heard it's the same product.


Benefit Hoola Bronzer ($51 - 8g) - I purchased this bronzer whilst at holidays in Hong Kong. I forgot how much i paid for this overseas, but it's more expensive than the US and relatively cheaper than Australia prices. I've been on the hunt for a matte bronzer, and i heard youtubers rave about this product, so i decided to give it a go! I'm enjoying this product and would recommend it to anyone who's looking for a decent matte bronzer if you're willing to splurge.


Benefit Coralista Blush ($51 - 8g) - This blush was also purchased overseas in Hong Kong so i'm not sure how much i paid for it. I've been into coral blushes recently, and when i saw this next to the Benefit bronzers, i thought it was such a pretty colour (impulse buy). It's an alright product, i would recommend it, but i probably wouldn't repurchase, as i've got many blushes that are similar.


Tonymoly Luminous Goddess Aura Make-up Mist (80ml) - I purchased this at the Tonymoly stand in Market City (Sydney), but i can't remember how much it costed. This is the first ever makeup mist i've used and i'm enjoying it (on my second bottle now). If you're looking for a makeup mist that is affordable, does its job and makes you smell fresh, this is the one for you.


K-Palette Lasting 2way Eyebrow #1 Chocolate Brown - This is absolutely the best eyebrow product i've ever used, so i repurchased 3 more of these overseas in Hong Kong! The left end of the product is a liquid formula (like a liquid liner), and right side is a powder. To use this product, i firstly use the liquid side to draw in small brow strokes and when i'm done, with a light hand, i go over my brows with the powder to fill in any sparse spots  may have missed. I love this eyebrow product so much and would highly recommend it if you're going to Asia or willing to purchase it online. You will NOT regret it, i assure you.


MAC Lipstick #Plumful ($36 - 3g) - I purchased this lipstick whilst overseas in Hong Kong for around $20 and this is my go to shade in the Autumn/Winter months. It's a wearable plum colour suitable for all skin tones and since it's a Lustre finish, it moisturises your lips and has a decent lasting power. I would highly recommend MAC lipsticks, especially this shade since we're heading into the colder seasons in Australia.

Optional
(below are products i sometimes use)


MAC Paint Pot Eye Primer #Painterly ($35 - 5g) - I also purchased this product overseas in Hong Kong, so it was relatively cheaper than in Australia. This product is a skin toned eye primer which stays put and keeps my eye shadows lasting all day! I would recommend this product.


Urban Decay Naked Palette - Yes, you guessed it, i also purchased this overseas in Hong Kong. This is Urban Decay's first naked palette and i absolutely love it. The colours are highly pigmented and a little goes a long way. The brush it comes with is also quite decent! The shades i use depend on where i'm going and what look i'm going for.


Dolly Wink Liquid Eyeliner #Brown - Dolly Wink is a Japanese cosmetics brand which can be found in-store throughout Asia. This is one of the best liquid eyeliners i've ever used. Youtubers always rave about the Maybelline Master Precise Liquid Liner, but this is 10x better. This liquid liner is really easy to use, very pigmented, is waterproof and doesn't smudge at all! If i'm going for a more natural look, i use the brown shade, but for a more dramatic look, i use the black shade. The only con is that it's only available in-store in Asia or online.


NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil ($9.95 - 5g) - I heard people raving about this product, and when it was finally available in Target, i jumped on the bandwagon! I use this for my inner corners and my waterline, and i quite enjoy this product. The only down side for me personally is that you have to sharpen this (i'm too lazy).


Shu Eumura Eyelash Curler ($29) - I purchased this overseas in Hong Kong since it was cheaper than Australia, and although i've heard good reviews about this curler, i have mixed feelings about it. First of all, i have straight non-existent light coloured lashes, and i am yet to find an eyelash curler that reaches my eyelashes without pinching my skin! I've tried many eyelash curlers, but i'm just about to give up any means of hope in finding something that'll work for me. Don't get me wrong, this curler is decent, but i just don't have any lashes to curl.


Benefit They're Real Mascara ($38 - 8.5g) - If you read my eyelash curler review above, you know i have non-existent lashes. I've heard people go on about how amazing this mascara is at lengthening lashes, so i decided to give this one a shot! This was in the Christmas gift set i purchased for myself in Hong Kong. After using this product, my lashes are darker, but they are still unnoticeable. My boyfriend has longer lashes than me even after using mascara! I've pretty much given up on anything related with lashes. I also can't use fake lashes as i have glasses which are really close to my eyes, and if i put fake lashes on (even the shortest ones), they touch the lens of my glasses. If anyone has any recommendations on eyelashes/mascaras, by all means comment below!

I hope you enjoyed reading my post on my everyday makeup routine (and mini reviews of each product)!

*All these products were purchased with my own money and my reviews are 100% honest.

4 comments:

  1. Arg, lashes scraping the lens is soooo annoying!!! I only do lashes when I wear contacts... which is rarely. Lol.
    xxx Kat @ Katness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww I love this routine, the naked palette is a must have and I MUST try the dolly wink liner! Thanks for the wonderful post :)

    Btw I saw your post on Soompi, I followed ya and would really really appreciate it if you check out my blog too~~~ :)

    Love, Mango
    Add me via GFC or Youtube and I will always follow back :)
    xoxo, Mango ❤
    Blog | Video

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never bought a foundation but that Bourjois foundation has been on my wish list. It has natural ingredients so that's probably why I really want to have it.

    xx,
    felishmichelle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete